Welcome to Web Concepts!
Uniform Interface is based on a large and growing set of specifications. These specifications establish the shared concepts that providers and consumers of Web services can rely on. Web Concepts is providing an overview of these concepts and of the specifications defining them.
One example for how this works is the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), which defines the media type
text/html and a set of link relation types such as
stylesheet. Web Concepts provides a structured, quick, and interlinked overview of these and many more concepts that together establish the
The best way to explore Web Concepts is to use one of these two starting points:
- Concepts, listing 732 values for 32 Web Concepts (JSON)
- Specifications, listing 264 specifications in 6 specification series (JSON)
Web Concepts is openly managed on GitHub; feel free to fork, contribute, comment, or raise issues. The site is generated from structured information representing the individual specifications, with the build process currently being based on XSLT and Jekyll. If you are just interested in the data, read about the JSON representations of Web Concepts.
- Oct 11, 2017: Adding XML Namespaces and Schemas
- Sep 18, 2017: Web Concepts Anniversary and Status and Vision
- Jul 2, 2017: Adding HTTP Warn Codes
- Apr 24, 2017: Minor Refactoring of JSON
- Jan 1, 2017: JSON Documentation