Welcome to Web Concepts!
Uniform Interface is based on a large and growing set of specifications. These specifications establish the shared concepts that providers and consumers of Web services can rely on. Web Concepts is providing an overview of these concepts and of the specifications defining them.
One example for how this works is the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), which defines the media type
text/html and a set of link relation types such as
section. Web Concepts provides a structured, quick, and interlinked overview of these and many more concepts that together establish the
The best way to explore Web Concepts is to use one of these two starting points:
- Concepts, listing 646 values for 28 Web Concepts (JSON)
- Specifications, listing 222 specifications in 6 specification series (JSON)
Web Concepts is openly managed on GitHub; feel to fork, contribute, comment, or raise issues. The site is generated from structured information representing the individual specifications, with the build process currently being based on XSLT and Jekyll. If you are just interested in the data, read about the JSON representations of Web Concepts.
- Jan 1, 2017: JSON Documentation
- Dec 15, 2016: Hackable Concept URIs
- Nov 14, 2016: Adding Structured Syntax Suffixes
- Oct 16, 2016: Adding HTTP Authentication Schemes
- Oct 15, 2016: Adding OAuth Web Concepts